As a result of facial aging, does the skin on your face appear to be sagging, or do you have deep folds, wrinkles, or creases? A facelift is possible; however, very few people are willing to undergo the surgical procedure. If you fall into this category, you’ll be happy to know that facelifts don’t necessarily equate to surgical procedures, thanks to innovative treatments like Sculptra.
Here is how Sculptra reverses the effects of aging without going under the knife.
What Is Sculptra?
The injectable form of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) known as Sculptra is designed to facilitate the natural collagen synthesis within the body over time. It is a protein found in the dermis, and it is responsible for the binding of skin cells together, the substitute of dead skin cells, and the provision of a platform for the framework and elasticity of the skin.
Why You Need Collagen Synthesis?
As we get older, our bodies construct less and less collagen. Other factors that can reduce collagen production include stress, smoking, and exposure to ultraviolet light. All of these sign’s factor in the formation of some wrinkles, sagging skin, and other signs of aging.
Inflammation of the skin in the region where the Sculptra crystals have been implanted is required to develop new collagen synthesis. In approximately four to six weeks, once the body’s natural collagen production has begun to pick up speed, the volume-enhancing effects of Sculptra will become apparent. The process will plump your face, giving your facial features a “lift.”
Cosmetics and medical equipment use poly-L-lactic acid, one of the polymers that have been the subject of most research. This synthetic compound is found in dissolvable stitches. The ingredients came from renewable plant sources such as cassava root, sugar cane, and corn starch. It is referred to as “plastic” because it can cause biodegradation and bioactivity, defined as the capacity to affect or interact with living tissue.
Smoothing out facial wrinkles and folds and restoring lost facial volume can be accomplished with the help of Sculptra. Sculptra can augment the buttocks, rejuvenate the skin, and tighten up sagging knees, elbows, and chest. Sculptra is administered through an injection.
Thanks to its dramatic and eye-catching effects, the Sculptra procedure is often called a “liquid facelift”—this title was given to the practice for a good reason.
Different From Other Dermal Filler Brands
Sculptra is frequently compared to dermal fillers. Fillers are synthetic substances injected into the skin. Restoring volume and a youthful appearance can be achieved with these products.
They are available in various forms and dimensions, each corresponding to a specific application. Each dermal filler brand possesses its one-of-a-kind formulation and a distinct set of benefits. You can customize dermal fillers following your objectives and requirements, such as using cheek fillers for the cheeks, lip fillers for the lips, and so on.
However, even though it is possible to apply Sculptra in the same manner as most dermal filler applications, you should be prepared for a different bodily response. Hyaluronic acid is used in most dermal filler applications, resulting in an instant volumizing effect in just a few days. On the other hand, in contrast to fillers made of hyaluronic acid, Sculptra does not instantaneously fill or lift sagging skin. Neither are the effects immediate, and it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for the full developments of the treatment to become apparent.
Here is how Sculptra treatment is different from most dermal filler brands:
- To guarantee that the filler is evenly dispersed throughout the treatment area, the Sculptra injections are administered in a specific pattern rather than in a single location. Following the application of the product, the region is massaged to guarantee that it is dispersed uniformly across the skin.
- Dermal fillers made of hyaluronic acid only require one treatment, whereas Sculptra calls for multiple treatment appointments over time.
- You can reverse the effects of hyaluronic acid fillers by incorporating them with filler dissolvers. In contrast, the results of Sculptra cannot be changed; instead, you will need to wait for the product to dissipate naturally over time.
- In contrast to most dermal fillers, which come in the form of a gel, the Sculptra formulation consists of particles of microcrystals that, before injection, are combined with numbing compounds and sterile water. Meanwhile, dermal fillers are typically supplied in gel form.
- Sculptra can maintain its effects for as long as two to three years at a time, in contrast to the four to six months duration of typical hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. Although it may take a few weeks for the effects of Sculptra to become apparent, the results typically last five times longer.
Who’s A Good Candidate for Sculptra Treatment?
Since Sculptra is a biocompatible compound, there are few risks that patients will experience an allergic reaction as a result of receiving treatment with it. People over 18 who are in otherwise good health can use Sculptra without fear of adverse effects.
On the other hand, just like with any other cosmetic treatment, there is always the possibility of adverse effects. If you fall into any of the subsequent categories, you are not qualified to receive treatment with Sculptra:
- Pregnant or nursing mother
- Medical history of chronic scarring
- Any active skin conditions
- Allergies to Sculptra ingredients
Before beginning the Sculptra procedure, your provider will conduct a patch test on your skin to ensure it is suitable for the treatment. If you do not experience any unfavorable reactions, likely, you do not have any allergies to the ingredients in Sculptra.
During your first appointment with a trained provider, you will be asked questions about your medical history, including whether or not you have any medical conditions or allergies.
On the day of your first Sculptra treatment, your provider will provide you with an injection map to follow during the procedure. Applying a local anesthetic cream or patch can help alleviate any pain or discomfort. Afterward, your provider will puncture your skin with several tiny needles and inject the formula.
You should be able to immediately return to your regular activities once the treatment has been completed. Your provider will provide you with any necessary additional instructions.
Sculptra reverses signs of aging by giving your face a natural facelift. While results will take a while to become apparent, they last 2-3 years, making it worth it. So, if you are interested in the treatment, contact and reach out to our clinic, Preva Aesthetics. We offer services that can help address other conditions you may have.